Kepler Vision Technologies
22 November 2019
“With this certification through SIG and TÜViT, we’ve now got something we can easily show to our future and existing customers to give them confidence that our body language recognition software isn’t just the world’s first – but also has rock solid technical quality.”
– Harro Stokman, Founder & CEO, Kepler Vision Technologies
Kepler Vision Technologies is the producer of the world’s first-ever body language recognition software. Based in the Netherlands and founded as a spinoff of the University of Amsterdam, the company develops its technology in response to the world’s aging population and people’s desire to live independently for as long as possible.
The Kepler Vision software monitors video and has the unique ability to recognize body movements and actions – detecting if someone has suffered a fall or becomes distressed, for example – so that medical attention can be facilitated as needed. The company knows that better code means better business and puts code quality at the center of its development practices. And that’s a rarity in the machine learning industry, where software quality has long been an issue.
Harro Stokman, founder and CEO of Kepler Vision Technologies, knew that the ISO 25010 Trusted Product Maintainability certificate would serve as a valuable differentiator for his company’s software. So he turned to SIG, as it’s the only organization in the world accredited by the issuing body TÜViT to evaluate software systems for the certification.
Kepler Vision Technologies was looking for:
- A competitive differentiator to stand out in an industry plagued by poor code quality
- A demonstrable way to give prospects, existing customers and potential investors the confidence that its software is of top quality
- An effective way to internally reinforce its commitment to code quality among its own developers
The SIG Solution
SIG evaluated the technical quality of the source code of the Kepler Vision Engine, as required by TÜViT before issuing the certificate. The SIG consultants concluded:
- The overall quality level of maintainability for the Kepler Vision Engine was 4 out of 5 possible stars. That score is well above market average of 3 stars.
- The Kepler Vision Engine employs a modern architecture, with several components that communicate effectively through clearly-defined interfaces. Those components are implemented in various technologies, mostly Python and Java, with shared quality standards.
Based on SIG’s findings, TÜViT awarded Kepler Vision Technologies with the ISO 25010 Trusted Product Maintainability certificate. The certificate is available on the TÜViT website here.
Now a proud holder of the certificate, Kepler Visions Technologies has realized the following benefits:
- A competitive advantage as its prospects and existing customers compare and select pre-developed software solutions
- Validation from leading software evaluation bodies that its software is not only the first-ever in the world, but also has rock solid technical quality
- A stronger internal culture around code quality, with even clearer guidance for developers in creating the products they build
- An enhanced brand reputation that demonstrates its valuable software development skills and capabilities as well as an unwavering commitment to sound development practices
To learn more about Kepler Vision Technologies, please visit the company’s website.
Related Case Studies
Video interview: Rijkswaterstaat
KPN | Assessing the risks of a major overhaul project
MHS | Generating high-quality PLC code
Dunea | PLCs source code analyzed in unique project
Eneco Group & LichtBlick SE | Assessing LichtBlick IT
Video Rijkswaterstaat | Trusting the technology the business depends on